Trying to feed your child healthy snacks while out and about is a struggle. It’s rare to find the perfect foods that are good for them, easy to pack, inexpensive, and don’t create a gigantic mess. I totally get it. As a new mom myself, I’m just entering the world of crumbs, stickiness, and straight up grime that my son mass produces while eating. It’s everywhere: his car seat, stroller, and, of course, himself!
But, guess what? It doesn’t have to be this way! I discovered an easy to clean, spill-proof way to provide my child with healthy snacks on-the-go that doesn’t break the bank after I started using reusable Squeasy Snackers!
I’m so excited about these products, I had to share it with my mom tribe right away.
Squeasy Snackers are dishwasher safe, silicone based, BPA free, no-spill, reusable feeding pouches that can be filled with healthy snack foods and liquids. (How I just got all that goodness into one sentence is beyond me!)
“Wait, did she say ‘no-spill’?”….. Yes, ma’am I did!
Of course, when I read all this awesomeness on the Squeasy Gear website, I had to try it out for myself!
Below is my review of the Squeasy Snackers and why I would recommend it to any mom trying their hand at less mess, less fuss, budgeting, and more healthy snacks on-the-go.
As described above, Squeasy Snackers are reusable, silicone pouches that are designed for a quick, easy, and mess-free snack. There are several features of the Squeasy Gear products that make them a great addition to any mom’s arsenal of snack time tools and make them unique to anything currently on the market!
- Snacking on the Go: Squeasy Gear comes with a seal proof lid and no-spill insert, making it super simple to to hand-off to your child as you’re out on a walk or as they chill in their highchair.
- Better Than Store Bought Pouches: These are reusable, so their eco-friendly and cost less money in the long run. I could seriously go on and on about my gripes with store bought pouches, so I’ll explain more about this issue later in the post!
- Perfect for Healthy Snacks: Many parents want to be cognizant of exactly what their children are consuming. Squeasy Gear pouches allows you to be more in control of what your child eats, since you can make your own purees, smoothies, and yogurts.
Reasons I Love Using Squeasy Gear Pouches
After trying out Squeasy Gear pouches, there were many things I personally loved about them. Nothing like the true test of a toddler to see if a product’s claims are authentic. Amirite though?
To use them, I made my own yogurt. That’s correct. Call me Lil Ms. Suzie Homemaker over here, but it seriously isn’t as difficult as it sounds, especially if you have an Instant Pot. After multiple uses, here’s what I love about these reusable pouches:
- They have a wide opening which made it simple to pour yogurt straight into the pouch.
- They really are NO-SPILL. My child, let’s call him The Destroyer, loves to squeeze any food in his grasp. I was shocked when he couldn’t get anything out unless he sucked the Squeasy Snacker at the same time. How can it be? I’m not sure, but i’ll leave it to the Squeasy Gear pros.
- They’ve been an awesome addition to our morning runs and walks. I fill them with a healthy snack or water to keep my son busy and nourished while I work my butt off. (Literally)
- They saved me money and are a great alternative to grocery store pouches (more on that later…).
- They are easy to clean. The silicone is effortless to wipe off, the inserts and lids all come apart, and Squeasy Gear is dishwasher safe. Whenever I hear something is dishwasher safe, my heart flutters.
- They’re cute! They come in all different sizes and colors. Some of them are even large enough for a teenager or an adult. I loved the teal color for my son.
- Eating healthy snacks is more fun for my child. Seriously, he went from smacking his spoonful of yogurt all over the floor to happily sucking on his Squeasy pouch.
Why I Prefer These Over Store Bought Pouches
Pouches… one of mom’s favorite inventions. They’re straightforward, I know, but I’ve had so many issues with the pouches I buy at the grocery store. I am happy there’s a much better option out there! Here’s why I prefer these Squeasy Snackers over store bought pouches.
- Expense: Grocery store pouches can add up. They are usually $1 or more, especially if you opt for organic. So if my son eats 1-2 pouches a day, I am spending about $10 dollars a week, $40 dollars a month on just pouches! With Squeasy Snackers, I spent the initial $13.99 for a 6 oz. pouch, then spent $3 to make my own yogurt that will last for 10 days! I have a Master’s Degree in teaching history, not math, but I’m positive I’m saving a bundle each month, now that I have these reusable pouches.
- Mess: I don’t know about you, but I have to closely monitor my son while he eats store bought pouches. They’re so easy to squeeze, that half the contents ends up everywhere else besides his mouth. I love that with Squeasy Snackers, I can be multitasking while feeding him because the no-spill insert actually does it’s job.
- Unhealthy: Lots of these pouches can be full of sugar! Yes, some of those sugars are from fruit and milk, but one pouch has more than the average amount of sugar per serving of fruit. I love that I can prepare my own healthy snacks for my child to eat on-the-go with Squeasy Snackers, and I know exactly what’s inside.
Healthy Snack Ideas
- Yogurt: This is a great way to add those servings of calcium to your child’s daily intake. I pureed frozen, organic strawberries and blueberries to add some more of his favorite flavors to the yogurt.
- Iron Enriched Purees: Lots of green veggies are packed with iron, but can be difficult to get your child to eat. In fact, the minute my son sees green, he becomes skeptical. Mix spinach, peas, kale, or any other dark leafy greens with your child’s favorite fruits.
- Smoothies: Yet another way to include iron, calcium, fiber, and other important sources of vitamins in your child’s diet.
- Unsweetened Applesauce: Who doesn’t love applesauce as a great source of vitamins?
- Water: Good old H2O never goes out of style!
For more ideas on healthy snacks to make for your Squeasy pouches, click here.
Make Healthy Snacks On the Go Easier
The designers of Squeasy Snackers have you, the modern mom, in mind! It’s the perfect tool for healthy snacks on-the-go. The features of these products make them easy to clean, spill-free, and cost-effective. If this sounds like something you want to try, use my simple to follow links to add Squeasy Gear pouches to your shopping cart. If you’re interested in making your own yogurt, like I did, I also included a quick link to check out the Instant Pot! Also, please comment and share any other ideas you may have about healthy snacks that you added to your Squeasy Gear products.